Our teachers understand the importance of getting learners involved in their learning.
That’s why the planning of our history and geography courses is done collaboratively.
In addition to the courses that they have already planned, our professors respond to learner suggestions to achieve richer and more relevant courses.
To vary the pace of work, our learners can either work individually or in groups of up to four learners, in order to allow for differentiated instruction.
The use of the Smart Board makes history and geography classes particularly appealing: our professors can show videos that directly illustrate the different eras studied, with base maps, audio files, and more.
Over the course of the MYP, our learners cover the following topics:
- From prehistory to early history
- Ancient Egypt
- The Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires
- Africa, South America, Europe
- The Industrial Revolution and early European colonization
- The First World War
- Totalitarianism and revolutions
- From the Great Depression to the Second World War
- The major economic powers
- Tools of geography
- The world population
- Water, between abundance and rarity